Tuesday, June 7, 2011

11 in the Summer of 11 Challenge

In the summer of 2011
(defined as June 11th - August 29th because that is the true time a teacher has off - interestingly enough roughly 11 weeks)

I will - Create, Document, and Blog - about
11 Different Crafts from my Crafting Bucket List

Here is my list in no particular order:
1. One T-shirt for Ellie
2. One dress for Ellie
3. A summer skirt for me
4. Painted dresser - Zebra print and it will be so cool
5. I've wanted a headboard for my king size master bed for 5 years.  I will make something awesome!
6. Stuffed pie making pretend play toys I saw at the children's museum.  (they are cooler than I can explain)
7. A rug - crochet or braided
8. I will master a salsa recipe and canning process for my garden produce
9. Homemade Hummus and homemade pita chips
10. Knit produce bags
11. I'm leaving this up to whatever moves me - it could be baby booties or something for my husband.  His suggestion (other than the ones he had that were not appropriate for the bloggosphere) was a cowboy hat made from an old beer case.  Who knows, that might make the cut!  :)


All made items will be from recycled or re-purposed materials and a very meager budget.  Ideas may come from other blogs or from the crevices of my brain.  
The picture of the booties above is of past work done to demonstrate I can create something snazzy.  I got the wonderful pattern at http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/10/cloth-shoe-pattern.html before I even got this crazy idea for this crazy blog!

4 comments:

KENT D said...

I built my headboard if you need ideas, I think we should can together and the homemade pita chips are probably the easiest thing on the list.

Jennifer said...

I need a headboard too. Maybe we should work together.

I Think About Stuff and Sometimes I Write It Down said...

I'm a friend of Jenny's. Love you blog and especially your catch phrase.

Do you have a pattern for the slippers pictured? Love them. Want to make them for everyone I know.

Sarah said...

Kent, I might take you up on that!
Jenny, I love the idea of working together... were you thinking wood or fabric? I can't decide?
And I think about stuff... Welcome! A friend of Jenny's is a fried of mine! The pattern for the booties is from a blog I found a while ago. I found them to be pretty easy and everyone loves them. http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/10/cloth-shoe-pattern.html
I find that they look better with fleece than with cotton fabric, and they are more toasty for the footies! Enjoy!