Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baked Zucchini Chips!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a garden!
This year we went small and only have zucchini, tomatoes, jalapenos, and I planted green beans.  I say I planted green beans because I sure did.  The flippin bunnies also ate said beans!  Little heifers, I'm so mad because fresh green beans are my FAVORITE!
However, I'm learning to love the zucchini!  We've never planted it before and I've never really cooked with it either so this is new and exciting.

We used this recipe from allrecipes.com - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-zucchini-chips/detail.aspx

This was Ellie and my first collaborative cooking experience and it went SO well!  I love having a little helper in the kitchen!  Ellie helped by handing me the zucchini chips (I would cut them thinner in the future)
 She also likes to taste as she cooks - very much like Rachel Ray that way.  :)  If you are not into shared food, don't come to our house!
Then I dipped in the egg mixture and the breading (crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper)
Before baking at 475 for 6 minutes on each side...
 After!  They were very tasty and I'm happy how they turned out.  I ended up baking them longer because I cut them a little too thick.  Next time I think I would like to add a little more cheese (Hello - we are from Wisconsin).
We were going to grill burgers too, but this is all we ended up eating because the weather here is TERRIBLE!  107 with the heat index!  We are not built for this weather in WI - I'd rather have 107 inches of snow!

I'm linked up at...



No comments: