Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Vintage DIY Request

So I'm officially a crazy blogger now.  I was asked to submit a vintage inspired blog post at a link party (I refuse to say Linky party, I'm sorry but I think it sounds stupid).  I had to rack my brain a little bit, because it's Sunday and I'm enjoying the warm little spot I've made for myself on the couch and only have a bit of time until Ellie wakes up from her nap.  With hesitation, I got up and did a quick lap of the house and I found this in the spare bedroom...  It's vintage looking right?
When we first moved in to our home 5 years ago, we didn't have a ton of artwork to hang on the walls.  We did however have pictures frames left over from our recent wedding (they were used on the favor table, guest book table, etc).
#1 - I found something to frame in my scrap fabric pile - I have no idea where the lace actually came from.  Then I backed it with some black felt.
#2 - I cut it to size and replaced the matting so I wouldn't misplace it if I wanted to put a picture in here again. The mat actually helped hold the lace in place as well.
I love how it looks a little wrinkled in the frame.  This would be cute with almost anything vintage - pretty graphic fabric, old post cards, even old magazine articles or advertisements.

Cost: Free
Time Spent: 10 minutes

However, looking at this wall hanging makes me realize I need to do something with the spare bedroom.  Yes the walls are still primer white (we've lived here for 5 years and have not painted that room or the hallway! boo) Whatever I do to that room it must be dog friendly because the world's most spoiled lab has claimed it as his room!  The poor thing will freak out if we have more kids...

Also on the floor in that room is this... Tell me what I should do with it... I'm at a loss.

The print is the same that my great aunt had hanging in her bedroom and my mom now has in her living room.  (I believe it's from the 1920's) I always loved the print and my mom found this one at a yard sale for $10.  I'd like to hang it in this room but HATE the mirror frame.  O.k, hate is a little strong.  It needs some work... what should I do?





1 comment:

Jacque said...

These pictures look great! Thanks for sharing at Jacque's Soda Parlor! I hope to see you again this Sunday for another fun party!


Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor

thesodaparlor.blogspot.com