Saturday, July 16, 2011

Watermelon Dress

Take a look at these apples... I mean watermelon...

Ellie went to bed at 7:30.  It's 11:30 right now.  Subtract an hour for talking on the phone and the distraction that was my 100th viewing of Pretty Woman plus the fact that I broke the needle on my sewing machine... That means this cute little number took 3 hours.  I'm o.k with that for a beginning seamstress.

I love the sweet little sequins for seeds!  Can't wait to see it on Ellie tomorrow!

I used the same pattern as the t-shirt dress, I just didn't put the elastic in the sleeves, waist, or neckline.

So what do you think of the bloomers?  I need to invest in more colors of thread than white, navy, and black. So to make up for the white on red I used the decorative stitch.  I kind of like the way it turned out.

No comments: